We at the Samuel O’Reilly House Bed and Breakfast, believe the health, safety, and well-being of our guests is paramount.
While we all navigate this unprecedented time, we are prepared to welcome our guests back safely and comfortably!
We are following the guidelines set by the CDC and the State of New Hampshire and will continue to monitor events to ensure we have the most up to date information and protocols. Based on the new New Hampshire Department of Human Services and the Governors re-opening guidance, we have updated our policies and procedures.
All Guests should be familiar with this website: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors
Copies of our cleaning protocol and NH State Lodging Guest Covid questionnaire are located below.
Please take a few moments to review the information provided below prior to your visit.
We are happy to welcome you to the Samuel O’Reilly House Bed and Breakfast!
- We will reach out to you directly once you have made a reservation. This allows us the opportunity to update you on guidelines and openings in our area and answer any questions you may have.
- We will require all guest registration details prior to arrival (full name, email, cell phone, complete address).
- The two week self-quarantine has been lifted for those traveling to New Hampshire from surrounding New England States (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island).
- Those traveling to New Hampshire from non-New England states for an extended period of time are still asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period.
- Travelers from outside of the New England states (excluding: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut) must be prepared to sign and attest to the following:
All the person(s) staying at the inn remained at a home for at least 14 days before arriving in New Hampshire, only going out for essential items and when outside of the home maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks when within less than 6 feet of another person during this 14 day “quarantine”.
Upon Arrival/Check In
- We will look to meet outside of the Inn to greet you between the hours of 3 pm and 7 pm.
- If we will be greeting you inside the social distance range of 6 feet, we will be wearing face coverings.
- If electing for late check in – we will leave your reservation details, room key, and room information on our dining room table for your arrival.
- Face coverings are suggested for guests at check-in and check-out, and when transiting to/from a guest room through the inn when social distancing is not possible. Masks will be available when you enter the inn if you do not have one.
- All Room keys, binders, room details and iPods will be sanitized prior to your arrival, including when they are returned.
Enhanced Sanitation Procedures
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at the main entrance and exit doors, as well as throughout the inn.
- Separate entrance and exits will be prominently marked to assist with social distancing.
- Common areas and touch-points throughout the inn (stair handrails, light switches, remotes, door
handles, and other areas of hand contact) will be sanitized every two hours, at a minimum.
- Staff will always wear gloves and masks when resetting rooms.
- Copy of our room cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures are located below for download.
- We are certified as Food Service Handlers by Serv-Safe. Training includes Food Safety, Personal
Hygiene, Cross-Contamination and Allergens, Time & Temperature, & Cleaning and Sanitation.
- Indoor dining is available in our Tea Room and Dining Room with social distancing guidelines in practice. We also have seating on our Veranda outside.
- Under the current guidelines, we will be offering a tasty selection of freshly made grab and go breakfast sandwiches and baked items as an alternative.
- Complementary coffee, tea, soda, and water will be available. We will keep our supplies in the kitchen to prevent contamination. We will prepare these items each morning for our guests!
- Afternoon snacks will be individually wrapped and offered during our peak times.
Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19
- 7 Days: 100% refund of deposit (less a $25 transaction fee) related to bookings for travelers when
we are notified 7 days in advance of the reservation arrival date.
- 24 Hours: 100% refund of deposit (less a $25 transaction fee) for any traveler who feels they have been exposed to the virus or who may be showing symptoms (fever, cough, respiratory problems, sore throat, loss of taste or smell) if we are notified 24 hours in advance of arrival.
- No Shows: 100% of the reservation will be applied to the credit card supplied at the time of reservation if we are not notified.
- The indoor common areas of the inn (Dining Room, Living Room, Tea room and TV room) are un-available for group gatherings under the current guidelines. We are happy to set you up outside! Just ask us.
- Only registered guests will be allowed in the inn or on the property.
COVID-19/State of NH Requirements for Lodging
In compliance with the State of NH, all guests outside of New England (excluding: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut) must answer the following questions at check-in. This record will be kept with the reservation registration.
At the Samuel O’Reilly House, the health and safety of our guests and staff is paramount. If you, or any member of your party are experiencing any of the symptoms below, please do not check in. We will be happy to adjust your reservation to another date per our availability. Deposits will be returned in full (except for a No Show).
Regarding COVID-19 symptoms:
A. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
B. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
C. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
D. Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell?
Please provide a valid NH driver’s license as we are required to take a photocopy.
Out of State Guests
By signing below you are attesting that all the person(s) staying at the lodging facility remained at a home for at least 14 days before arriving in New Hampshire, only going out for essential items and when outside of the home maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks when within less than 6 feet of another person during this 14 day “quarantine”.
Please provide a valid driver’s license.
(Signature and Date above please)